So in my last post we covered Google adwords and how to setup PPC ads. In this post I will cover an alternative PPC site. As you are aware, sometimes Google adwords have strict guides to what sort of ads you can advertise and also what website you are promoting.
This week I setup a new account with BidVertiser who are offering at the moment $20 in free clicks for new accounts.
To set up an account is free but to activate your $20 in free clicks you will need to provide a credit card. But having said that if you are unhappy you can simply pause your ads before your $20 runs out and you won’t be billed.
Write effective ads
- Research shows that users are more likely to click on ads that are tailored, clear and factual:
- Describe what users will find when they click on your ad and go to your site.
- Be neutral and write as if you were a visitor describing your site.
- Avoid using superlatives such as “the best”, “cheapest” or “greatest”.
- Should you offer a product or service within a certain geographical area only, include it in the description.
Target specific URLs
- Research indicates that 96% of people prefer a specific page over a more general page, meaning, sending customers to a specific product page is much more likely to result in sales:
- Send your customers directly to the URL that is most relevant to your ad.
- For example, a provider of consumer electronics products who advertise a Sony DCR-PC350 Camcorder, should target the ads directly to the specific product page.
I had tried another PPC site called adBrite which costs $5 to just set up your account, no promotion and they refused all of my ads without a good explanation. I don’t recommend using them as you may be out of pocket before you even start and your ads may not even get approved.
Back to BidVertiser, after setting up my account and first advert which was approved quickly and an easy process I started to receive traffic. I set my clicks to a maximum of $0.06c per click. To which I was surprised to receive traffic, as coming from Adwords I was paying from $0.25 – $0-85 per click, so a big saving there. BidVertiser also have a publisher program so you can make money from displaying ads on your Blog or website and range from $0.03+ per click and also a referral program.
If your looking for an alternative PPC advertiser to the normal I recommend giving BidVertiser a go, if not only for the free $20 in clicks!